Thursday, June 5, 2008

What's an Uncrafty Mom to do?

1. Dye Easter eggs in June! Av loved coloring eggs so much at Easter this year that I decided to buy a bunch of kits. I couldn't pass them up at 35 cents a piece on the clearance aisle the week after Easter! She's very into being a helper, so she enjoys the entire process.Av's way of dying eggs is placing the eggs in one color and then sticking them in other colors. By the end of it the yellow bowl was looking more like grayish-brown. She had fun making quite a mess. You'll notice the green bowl in the first picture is almost empty after is was knocked over.Thankfully, her left sleeve was the only casualty of the night :).

2. Play-Doh, play-doh, and more play-doh. Benefit-she does know her shapes well now. She also likes to make animals.....and then dissect them. Maybe she'll be a vet one day. Here she is making a midline incision on a turtle :). I promise I didn't show her how to do this, but I have to say it made me proud of my little bit. Pretty good technique for a 2 year old. She might even be able to give a few pointers to some surgeons out there. Don't worry, only kidding.

No comments: