Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back from the.....

Beach! We have been at the beach this past week and unfortunately I was sick for about 1/2 the trip. I felt like my body was staging a coup. The first 1/2 (sick part) was with J's family-13 of us! I love his family and am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws. I spent the rest of the time at the beach with my college roommates while Av and J stayed with the fam.

One of the highlights of the week was Av absolutely loving the water. She wanted to jump in the water the second we got to the beach. I am so thankful we went ahead with swim lessons before the trip. I saw such a jump in her confidence in the water. While in the ocean she hung out on her own in her round floatie-enjoying the waves, kicking, splashing, and trying to chase her cousins. In the pool she would swim to the stairs with a little push, jump off the edge of the pool-even the deep end, and even purposely go under water! I am very proud and excited for a summer in the water.

Lots of unpacking to do! Hope everyone had a great week. Glad to be back in blogworld.

1 comment:

Darby said...

Hey Lindsey! Glad y'all are back safe! I can't wait to see pictures. I hate that you were sick while you were there!! Happy laundry doing and unpacking today!