Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Backfire

Av is "normally" a fantastic sleeper. No fight to get her to sleep-we go to her room, I put her in the crib, turn out the lights, and shut the door. She does sometimes happily entertain herself for a while before falling asleep by talking to her stuffed animals {or herself :)} and singing. Well, yesterday was not a "normal" day. After she had been in her crib for over 2 hours vacillating between talking and crying and only ~30 minutes of quiet I went in her room to get her. She was hysterical and I have no idea why.

She calmed down after a few minutes and I tried to put her back in crib. Right back to hysterics. I broke down and offered to lie down with her in the big bed. Again, "normally," the only time we lie down together the only sleep that happens is a game. She likes for me to pretend I'm sleeping and after a few seconds loudly exclaims "Wake up Mommy!!" That is what I was fully expecting to happen. Instead she quietly cuddled next to me in the dark. All this was dandy until the drifting off into slumber.......since I was the drifter. That little stinker waited until I was asleep and stealthily maneuvered around the bed rail and out of the bed. I woke about 20 min. later to Av and the dogs bounding into the room and Av loudly closing the door behind them. Who knows what she was doing outside her room. What she was doing inside her room is evidenced above--emptying the individual wipes containers from the box in her closet. She then opened all of them and removed the sealing sticker. I was just relieved that all she did was open them instead of pulling out all the wipes!

Moral of the story: watch out for those crafty kids out there!

For those of you that read the earlier post, Hannah Grace did very well in surgery and, hopefully, they were able to remove the majority, if not all, of the tumor. She will be in ICU for a few days and soon begin chemo.

No comments: