Monday, June 23, 2008

Another First

Not the point of today's post, but here's Av "helping" me clean the kitchen this am.

It started out well with Av unloading the flatware from the dishwasher and into the sink. Then she impressed me by putting away the mixing bowls without even being asked to do so. I think that was the point she decided that instead of emptying the dishwasher, she should empty the cabinets.
After the kitchen incident we headed out for Av's first haircut! I'm so proud of how well she has responded to what could have been traumatic (for both of us) firsts! I was preparing for weeping and gnashing of teeth, but she was great.
I got mine cut first and she was pulling me out of the chair and telling me it was her turn by the time my cut was done. One benefit of living in a small city: getting your hair cut in a kitchen, price of both haircuts-$11, $15 with tip!
I tried to get some cute shots of the new "do" by our hydrangeas, but she was more interested in checking out the flowers than looking at the camera. Does anyone have any secrets to get kids to look at you and smile while taking pictures?

No comments: