Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My 2 Front Teeth


After this incident Av's left front tooth looked like it was slightly knocked back, so I decided it was time for Av's first dental appointment. At first I wasn't too nervous about what the visit would entail...until she woke up this morning. What a grouch! Does anyone else out there think their 2 year old already experiences PMS? Thankfully, activity and getting out of the house typically cures her funk.
I definitely recommend going to a pediatric dentist. We didn't even have to sit in the waiting room. We were taken straight back to a play area where Av quickly let go of my hand to head for the toys. Her dentist (Dr. Kristen Crowder) introduced herself to Av by coming and sitting on the floor with us and the toys. Av warmed up to her immediately. We had to move to the chair next. Av wasn't too excited about the actual exam-cried and tried to hold her mouth shut,. She perked up right after it was over and thoroughly enjoyed the stickers and new pink toothbrush! We were told she did well for her age, overall her teeth look great, but the front tooth is knocked back a bit and could become discolored. At least it isn't a permanent tooth.
For those of you with young kids wondering when you should take them to the dentist-today was just an exam, no cleaning/instrumentation. That part begins at 3. I guess if we hadn't had the coffee table incident I could have waited until she was 3 to take her. Happy teeth cleaning everyone!

1 comment:

Darby said...

Lindsey, I asked our pediatrician last week if toddlers could have PMS... she said "no".... I'm still not convinced of it! :) Glad she did so well. She looks like such a big girl!