Monday, June 9, 2008

The Truth Shall Set You Free

Recently, J was flying out of New York. When he arrived at security there was a mom with a toddler and infant in tow. Of course, she had the obligatory gear-car seats, stroller, diaper bag, etc. J, being the polite and chivalrous southern he is, offered to help her getting all this on the conveyor belt and through security. The following interaction occurred.
Mother: "Thank you, but I have plenty of time. Why don't you just go around me since it will take a few minutes."
J proceeded to go around her when the all-knowing TSA (Transportation Security Administration) agent intervened.
TSA agent (in loud, accusatory tone): "Sir, please get back in line without cutting in."
J : "I offered to help this woman, she said I should just go around her. I'm just trying to be efficient and keep the line moving."
TSA agent (again loud, overbearing): "Sir, efficiency is not our priority here in TSA." ***
This, of course, led to smirking and laughing from the crowd of travellers.
J (with his best cheshire grin): "If you say so"
At this point, she thought through her statement and decided to let J through security.
***Have truer words ever been spoken by TSA?

To add to an already interesting day, a few minutes after the security incident
Flavor Flav ran past J to get to his gate. Yes, he was wearing sunglasses, chains, and the monstrous clock as a necklace-which I imagine is quite uncomfortable to run with as it beats against your chest. His son was running with him, dressed in the same attire. Maybe I should get matching clock necklaces for Av and me.

Some days I have a twinge of jealousy about J getting to travel to metropolitan places with great food. Other days, I'll gladly stay here with my 20 minute, roundtrip commute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FLAV-A-FLAV!? Like the real deal?
:)
hilarious!

Jack said...

Yes, the real deal. You should hear the Richard Simmons story..maybe I'll post that one soon.