Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Recipe Box

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been a few day, too many other things going on-and not having my charger cord-has kept us away. I am still so excited about Will and Jana's engagement. I love both of them so much and I'm so grateful for them. I love my brother more than I can say and I'm so proud of him. My friend Melissa also got engaged this past weekend, so we will be having a fun and busy summer/fall!
Earlier today J and I were working in the yard and Av was so cute. She loves being a helper. She would pick up sticks and take them to the wheelbarrow to clean up the yard. J and I were also drilling our remaining stumps and filling with stump grinder when Av brought our glasses of water to us (without being asked to do so), we drank some water, and then she carried the cups back to the patio for us..so cute. She really is at such a fun age. On the other hand, she is incredibly independent and is still talking to herself in crib 1.5 hours after we put her to bed!

I have been inspired by Darby's crafty posts, so I thought I might add some craftiness to ours. This is for those of you, who like me, love your magazines and the recipes/ideas in them...but what do with them is the problem. Copying all the recipes by hand takes too long, and I end up having magazines or pages I've torn out piled around my desk.I must admit, I'm not a crafty person, so you won't be seeing many ideas on here often :)...but here's what I've been doing tonight.




1.Tear page with recipe out of magazine










2. Cut out section with recipe/picture and tape to a notecard. I like to place the name of the recipe and a picture on the front side. I think this helps with presentation when serving and also gives me a better idea of the dish instead of just the name.









3. Tape ingredient list and instructions on back of notecard. Of course sometimes I don't have room for pic and recipe, and have to use front and back of card with just the recipe.








4. File in recipe box with alphabetized tabs! I know many of you probably already do this (or have better systems than this one:)), but this is a great time saver for me that clears out the magazines! Another way to do it is keep the whole page, insert in clear, plastic cover, and file in 3-ring binder.

No comments: