Saturday, April 26, 2008

It is finished....

Ok, not that I can compare myself to Christ's crucifixion, but it's the best title I can come up with today-my brain is a little fuzzy at this point. I made it through the 1/2 marathon this morning. In a sense I can't believe that I made it to this point and completed it. I was able to run the whole way and I felt great. This is such an answer to prayer and I am so thankful for God's blessing that He gave me the strength today. He gave us great weather this morning-in the 60's and cloudy. It felt fantastic outside. That atmosphere was so inspiring as well. Music playing and people lining the streets the entire way cheering us on throughout the race. Great lesson learned today. This was something that I never thought I would/could do and I would have missed out on so much had I never tried and allowed my fear and doubts to hold me back. So, if you're out with something you've always wanted to do; GO AFTER IT!! I'll post pictures in the next few days. Thank you for encouraging words and prayers.

2 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Linds,
YEA for you!!!! I am SO PROUD of you! I thought about you running several times today. Can't wait to hear all about it! Way to go!!!

Darby said...

woo hoo!! congrats! can't wait to see pictures!!