Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mommy, is that you?

I woke this morning and for just a second it seemed like a "normal" day, and then yesterday's occurrences came rushing into my head. I am now unemployed and Brian is still gone. I wanted to stay in bed and eat bon-bons all day, however that's not feasible with a 2 year old :). I guess it's not very beneficial either. I suppose a good part of the day is that I got a lot of work done around the house b/c a.) I didn't have a job to go to and b.) it somehow felt better to at least be doing something. I know, in a sense I'm just distracting myself, but it was with something productive. I did choose against spending the day at Dairy Queen or Target-does that count for anything. I have too many thoughts swimming around in head to write anything cohesive at this point. Please continue to pray.

Av "helped" me around the house today. We, of course, played dress-up. We also had some sweet time together when she cuddled in my lap this afternoon after her nap and we watched some of The Sound of Music. It did make me think during the "Favorite Things" song when Julie Andrew sings "when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad." I know that thinking about raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens probably won't get me anywhere today, but I can choose to focus on God. His goodness, love, and grace. There are countless questions I don't have the answer for, but I know He does.

Here was the "highlight" of my day. While watching the movie my laptop was next to us with these on the screen. Av said, "Mommy, do you have a black dress on?"
Yes, I know it was from a 2 year old, but I'll take being confused with Gwyneth Paltrow today. Photo: splash news.

No comments: