Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Don't Touch

Buddies. Av and Allie. Av is wearing the blue cinderella dress from MW. Obsessed with dressup!!!This afternoon Av had to go potty, so I took her into the bathroom. She now likes her privacy in the potty and says "Mommy, shut the door" when we go in the bathroom which means-leave me alone and shut the door behind you. I have to admit that this makes me nervous sometimes-especially when she's on the "big" potty instead of her "little" potty. What if she falls in or off the toilet? What if she gets down and turns the hot water on in the bath tub and scalds herself? I have more neurotic worries, but I'll stop here. Normally when she's finished I here "all done." Today I heard "It's stuck! It's stuck!" This is what I found when I walked into the bathroom.

Somehow Av and her toys were wet-yet there was no water running. The only accessible water was from the toilet! Av, the floor, and the toys-wet with toilet water.

The grossest part was that her white tea cup (another item she's obsessed with) was wet. I never got a straight answer from her as to if she drank any of the water or if she just used her cup to scoop the water.

Here's shy she was yelling "it's stuck." She had put her star wand into the toilet and couldn't get it out. I hope she isn't compelled to put any other objects there in the future.

3 comments:

Confessions said...

l- i'm jenn's sister...and i am so glad to see my niece's cinderella dress on your sweet girl! the last time they came to memphis, that is ALL mw would wear!! :) i have enjoyed reading about your backyard transformation and life with your little girl.

Emily said...

Lindsey-

I freak out about toliets too...but both of my girls have drank toliet water from a tea cup and survived... and I am sure that quite a few small toys have been sent to "toy heaven" through the sewer...

Hopefully they will grow out of it...hopefully.

Jack said...

Thanks Em-glad I know what your blog is now! What are doing up at almost 2 am????