Sunday, April 20, 2008

Is the weekend over already?

Here's Av and the dogs. This is the best shot I could get from an attempt to have them all looking at me for the pic and Av smiling. I'll take what I can get! Side note..the flowers are Knock-out Roses. As much as a I love (what I should really be saying is how much of our money goes there) the local home improvement mega-marts, they are not the place to get flowers-at least in my experience. We got these from a local nursery and have been very pleased.
We have an area of grass that isn't growing well, so J roped it off to keep the dogs off of it. Since this was an area off limits, Av was immediately drawn to play there. She climbed inside and then informed us she was "hiding." Note the mischievous grin. Where was that smile in the last pic? Does every 2 year old enjoy pushing the line this much?
Av and Lily playing together. Modern day killing 2 birds with one stone: let the kiddos and dogs play together. End result both had a great time, are tired at the end, and mom and dad sit on the patio together enjoying a beautiful afternoon.

Av had to put on J's work gloves to play in the sandbox. Don't worry, it's only sand in that Buffalo Connection cup!
I don't know how well you'll be able to see it, but Lily has been shaved. I can't believe that I have a "big dog" and had her shaved!! Lily is a mix. Lab +german shepherd=lots of shedding. Hair explodes off of her. I could sweep and vacuum 3 times a day and still have a house covered in dog hair. Last year my parents shaved their golden retriever and she seemed to enjoy the summer without such thick hair, and much less shedding for my parents to handle, so we thought we would give it a try.
Please continue to pray for Meredith and I since the 1/2 marathon is this upcoming weekend! I'm very nervous and very excited at the same time.

No comments: