Monday, April 7, 2008

Freedom!!!

Home again after a great weekend with the family...and looking forward to a great childless week! Av is staying with J's mom this week. I love my child more than I can say, but I also love a break from motherhood every once in a while:). The drive home was so nice..listened to sermons by Tim Keller without having to tend to a 2 year old and hear "The Jungle Book" in the background. When we got home I went for a run and not pushing a 30lb. toddler in a jog stroller makes the run so much easier-apparently running with Av is great training. I ran faster and for a mile more than usual! We're hoping we can get to some of those around the house projects that we always mean to get done, but they never quite make it to the top of the priority list-like cleaning out closets. Then again, maybe we'll just spend the week sleeping in, lounging around the house, and having date nights every night. It will probably end up a little of both. Here are some pics from the weekend.

Avery thoroughly enjoyed the cake. In fact, she enjoyed it so much that she decided to forgo telling me she needed to go potty so that she could finish her cake. Shortly after this photo was taken I felt a warm, wet sensation on my lap! That's right she peed on me...at a wedding!!! Did I mention that it's nice to have a break from motherhood this week?

I know what you're thinking...shouldn't this photo go the trash bin and instead put one of all the kids smiling here? I would do that...if that photo existed. This is as good as it gets with 5 cousins age 10 and under.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have some great pics of Avery and me playing dress up. I'll get John to email them to you. Did you know that The Monster at the End of This Book is my favorite book? I bought it for John in college. I read it to Avery today and was surprised how much she remembered when she "read" it. We had fun!
Karen