Monday, April 28, 2008

The Grass is Greener....

When you actually have grass! Now that the fence is finished, we have to take care of the rest of the yard overhaul. We decided to start with the basics..and what could be more basic than grass? Up until this year it had been thick and full, like carpet! There were even times that I thought our grass, St. Augustine, was too thick and aggressive, but after the the drought last year we now have so many bald spots in the yard that we needed new sod. Thankfully, I have a very hardworking husband who handled all this in a matter of days. He took out the old grass, leveled and tilled soil, picked up the new sod, and laid the new sod! We only got one palette for the worst spots, but it looks so good it makes me want to resod the whole yard. My checkbook, however, is the prohibitive factor here. We'll just be doing frequent watering! Here's the before. You can see all the lovely bald spots and J's outline of where the sod goes.This is an in progress shot with part of the wonderful new sod in place. I just realized I don't have a final after shot-guess I'll have to take one tomorrow. Thanks for your hard work J!!!
Well, I had hoped that the kitchen was going to magically be clean by the time I finished posting this, but that hasn't happened, so I better head that way.

1 comment:

Confessions said...

this looks oddly familiar... :) way to go! i love a "new" backyard!!!