Sunday, August 31, 2008

Timing

We have had two breakthroughs this week that have certainly improved life with a 2 year old. The first is using a timer. Av is one smart cookie and has learned the art of stalling. Our bedtime routine is a good example. We always take Av to the potty before nap and bedtime. Av figured out that she could sit in bathroom reading her books to prolong going to bed. Recently she has stayed in there for over 20 minutes! Last week we implemented use of a timer. Now I put her in the bathroom and let her know that I'm starting the timer. Now she knows that she has to hurry up in the bathroom or putting her toys away or finish reading her books. I think it is also helping her comprehend concepts of time. The timer is my friend :).

The second, and more exciting milestone, is that Av has took naps, yesterday and today, in her underwear-no diaper!!!! Av has been potty trained for almost 6 months, but still wearing diapers during naps and at night. Yesterday, right before nap time, Av asked if she could sleep in her panties. Of course I was thinking "No Way! This will end up terrible, I just washed all of her bedding this morning. She'll wet the bed and wake herself up, then be awful for the rest of the day since she didn't nap....." Against my better judgement I went along with it and I am so glad that I did!

Sorry if this is trivial and boring news to many of you, but in our house this is exciting stuff! I really shouldn't even be at my computer right now. We're going out of town tomorrow, it's 10 pm and I still need to finish laundry, pack, clean the kitchen, vacuum, and probably mop the floors-whew!

On another front, I think my husband has a crush on the Republican vice presidential nominee :).

1 comment:

andi said...

On the VP nominee: She is AWESOME!
On the AV factor: She is AWESOME!
How do you like your Bday gift?????????? How fun!!!