Thursday, August 7, 2008

Table for 2

My parents asked to keep Av for the weekend, so J and I drove 1.5 hours today to meet mom halfway and make the drop-off. J and I then enjoyed an uninterrupted dinner together. It wasn't high class-just pizza and beer at Mellow Mushroom, but, sadly, it was the first date we have had in a long time. We even stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home for dip cones and I didn't have to share mine with a certain 2 year old. We got to listen to our book on CD without having to stop it every 10 minutes to pick up a sippy cup, turn on The Little Mermaid, get a blanket, etc-those of you with toddlers know what I'm talking about.

I called mom when we got home and she said "Av was an angel on the drive home." Yeah, that's because she was strapped into her carseat! Once they got home Mom took Av into the house, set her up watching The Wiggles, and went back to the garage to get Av's bag. Mom said in that little amount of time Av had gone upstairs, rifled through her mom's makeup drawer, found a container of liquid eyeliner, and splatter painted the hallway carpet with it. I hated to laugh, but I couldn't help it. Poor Mom, it's just the beginning of the weekend. I think Av has figured out she can get away with almost anything at my parent's house.

On the serious side, I am incredibly thankful for how much my parents love my little girl and for how much Av loves them. In fact, Av was so excited to go with Mom that once we put the carseat in Mom's car and strapped Av in she gave me a big kiss and said "Bye Momma, shut the door." Thanks Av, I feel the love :).

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend of sleeping in and more dates with my hubby. Maybe we'll even go see a movie. I hope Mom survives the weekend.

No comments: