Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Beautiful Mind

I love seeing children's minds working and learning. I find it remarkable how quickly they learn and process new information and how they change with their newly found knowledge. I mentioned recently how proud I am of her for learning to recognize all the letters. Today I enjoyed observing her imagination at work.

Av received a kid's kitchen for Christmas from her grandparents and it is currently her favorite item in her playroom. I really should get her more "play" food. She has a tea set, pots, pans, and utensils, but for food-only a set of eggs, milk, oj, and condiment containers. Multiple times a day she all the sudden announces she going to make eggs for us. Av runs into the kitchen, "cooks" the eggs, and brings them out to us for us to eat. Of course, she warns us that they are very hot :). She also serves us "coffee" from her teapot.

While I was in the kitchen today she walked in with her shopping cart and informed me that she was going shopping. She had taken almost every single item from her kitchen and loaded them into the cart.

Another step she has taken this week is cleaning up after herself...and sometimes I don't even have to ask her to do it!!! We were about to eat dinner a few nights ago and when I let her know dinner was almost ready her response was "I have to clean up first!" What a blessing. It is so fun to watch her play, see her imagination work, and to see responsibility growing in her. I really do love this age. It seems that she changes and grows daily, making each day so precious. It makes me thankful for the blog world and that I am attempting to keep a record of our daily life to help me remember all these moments.

The area that I am struggling capturing is pictures. Right when I pull the camera out Av stops what she's doing, runs to me, and asks to see pictures of herself. If only I had never shown her the wonder that you can look at the pictures on a digital camera! Here she is right after the above shot asking to "see Av."

No comments: