Tuesday, August 12, 2008

She's Back

Last night I experienced a strange, somewhat foreign feeling. Av has been 3 hours away, at my parents' house, since Thursday. The house is clean and hours of yardwork were completed. I caught up on laundry and emails. I even got to spend a day sewing with Darby and Tami, which I really enjoyed-why didn't I start sewing earlier in life? Then yesterday, Sunday, rolled around We got up (at 10:00 am no kid=no alarm clock!) and went to church. After church we actually had a date and went to the movies! We might have seen a movie in the theater 5 times since we've been married. We saw The Dark Knight, and I will warn you, it is a dark movie, definitely not for the kids.

So, back to the strange feeling. After getting home from the movie I didn't even make anything for dinner since neither of us were hungry after having popcorn at the movie. We were on the couch watching the Olympics, which I LOVE, and I had a bleh feeling. I wasn't sad, angry, depressed...but I finally nailed it. I was bored! I can't remember the last time that I felt bored-can you? I had done everything I needed to for the weekend, and Av had been gone long enough. Time for her to come home and put some excitement back into this house! Of course, this is not to say that we should always be running around. God does call us to "Be still" Ps 46.

We certainly enjoyed calm, uninterrupted time and conversation with each other, but life just isn't the same without her around. What did I do before she was here? I think I decided that I would rather have a messier house, frazzled mind, and unending to-do list than a spotless house and completed list if it meant I didn't have her here with me. I'm thankful for moments where I get a "break" from parenthood, but I'm more thankful for her.

I met my parents halfway to pick her up this evening and we're back into full force mode. There's no easing your way back into life with a 2 year old!

No comments: