Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Trenches

I completely planned on a fun post today. I was thinking about something like a "my favorite things" list, but it will have to wait. My head and heart just aren't into it today. For those of you that haven't heard, Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest daughter was run over in their driveway yesterday. She was taken to Vanderbilt, but died from the injuries. I can't imagine the range of emotions this family is experiencing at this point. They have set up a blog here if people want to leave messages for them. At the first link there is also an address if you wish to send letters or donations in lieu of flowers. Please join with me in praying for them.

Other families in need of prayer:
-a family here in Dothan recently lost their 2 year old to a drowning accident
-a 2 year old from our church is currently hospitalized in Birmingham for a brain tumor. Just this week she has had to undergo multiple procedures and they are still waiting on the final test results
-My sister-in-law's mother was just diagnosed with a tumor in her neck, also still waiting on test results
-(Same) sister-in-law's 3 year old nephew has been diagnosed with a heart deformity which may require open heart surgery

I know that everyone has their own list of prayer requests, but if you think about it, or as you're reading this, please pray.

Sorry to be so somber today. I knew that all of this had affected me when both my husband and a best friend of mine asked if I was Ok and said I sounded upset when talking with them. I'm thankful we have the hope of God wiping every tear from our eyes, we will have new bodies, and there will be no more death (Rev 21).

No comments: