Monday, May 5, 2008

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Emily, Martha, Christine, and me AAhhhh, what a great weekend! I got to have a girls' weekend at the beach sans husband and child. The above pictures are at the Red Bar for dinner on Sat. night. I don't know what happened to the camera in the second picture, but we thought a red pic was appropriate since we were at the Red Bar! I would love to say it was some artistic photo we shot, but it was a complete goof! We had a fantastic time together. Great fun, fellowship, and lots of laughs. It was so encouraging and refreshing. There is such a level of comfort and relaxation being with friends that I can completely be myself around. I have certainly been blessed with exceptional friendships, new and old. If only we all lived closer together instead of 10 hours away. Already looking forward to our next trip.

J survived the weekend with Av and thankfully the inflamed areas on her leg improved. Of course until I came home. She woke up with fever this am. Av is rarely sick-last week was actually the first time I have ever taken her to the Dr. for a sick visit. She had fever as high as 103. Called the Dr. and was instructed to alternate tylenol and motrin. Since her leg is improving it's hard to know if the fever is related to her leg or if it's a separate issue. I guess when it rains, it pours. She's so pitiful when she's sick-no energy (still and quiet are my first clues she doesn't feel well), dark circles under her eyes, no appetite, and she wants to cuddle and be held all day. I have to admit part of me enjoys the cuddling since it's almost the only time she still enough to that lay in my lap for that long. Most of the time she sits with me just long enough to read a story. She did seem to be feeling better when I put her to bed this evening. Hopefully there will be more improvement tomorrow.

Still no major news on the job front. A few possibilities, but nothing definite at this point. Please continue to pray!

1 comment:

Darby said...

Lindsey! I was hoping and praying you would have an awesome weekend after a long and troublesome week! Yay! I'm so glad you did! I hope Av has a quick recovery... sick babies are the pits!!