Monday, July 21, 2008

Frazzled


Do any of you feel like your brain doesn't work quite right after extended lack of sleep and exhausting work? Well, I do and after this weekend I know J does as well. I will warn you up front that the following does contain graphic potty contents.

In one of the bathrooms we have the regular toilet and a little training toilet. On Saturday J took Av to the potty and afterwards informed me he was impressed that a 2 year old could be so, um, let's say "productive." Those of you moms know that you can't just dump and rinse- soap and scrubbing need to be involved. Later in the day I took Av into the potty and realized soap and scrubbing were not involved when I noted what we'll call "residue" in her potty and this conversation followed
Me: "Oh gross, J!!!"
J: "What?"
Me: "Av's potty is still dirty from the morning!!"
J: "But I didn't use the little potty!!!!"
Me: "Uh, yeah, I meant when Av used it this morning."
Hysterical laughter ensued from both of us.
In this time of fairly high stress and exhaustion, at least we have moments of laughter and lightheartedness to laugh at ourselves, or at least at Jonathan :).

No comments: