Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful

I'm being lazy at this point and copying an email I sent out this evening, so if you already got the email, it's basically a duplicate. Just wanted to forewarn you :). Sorry, I'm just running on little sleep and have had a knockout headache all day.

Today's visit was thankfully another encouraging one. Our physician and the other staff at the burn unit all said that it is definitely looking better and should be on the road to healing. They think as long as it keeps progressing this way it may heal on it's own in the next 1-2 weeks without grafting and may not even scar!! We have to continue the dressing changes and go back for another visit next week. On the drive home he threw up in the car and we got a crack in the windshield, but it was certainly a promising afternoon overall :).

Please continue to pray for his healing. We are so thankful for the progress he has made as it was beyond everyone's expectation, and clearly healing from God. Sister, brother, and I have also developed some type of upper respiratory infection, so pray for healing for us a well as I'm trying to take care of the kids while feeling like my head is going to explode, we now have 2 sick kids on our hands, and Grant's little body is fighting 2 things now.

Thank you so much for your prayers, comments, calls, emails, meals, watching sister while we go the doctor, and all the other ways that you have supported us. It has meant more to us than we can express. We are so grateful for you and for what God has done and will continue to do.

2 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

So glad to hear such wonderful news (except that you're sick.)! We're continuing to pray for you guys. It's amazing and so encouraging to read of God's healing hand on sweet G-man!

Love you friend! We'll keep praying.

josie said...

Marissa forwarded me your blog about the baby and asked me to pray for you guys, I am! If you don't mind, I forwarded it to Marcia and Christine who are powerful prayer warriors! Lindsey, please call me if I can be of some help to you, in any way. Also, told GKR and he was so sweet and concerned and wanted to know all details. He was very upset. Love you, Josie