Sunday, June 6, 2010

Seeds

17.<span class=jpg">

The last few days have been some of the hardest days of my life, but we are so thankful for our faith, family, and friends. An unexpected source of encouragement has been this CD, Seeds of Courage. It is a entire CD of scripture set to music and it is wonderful!! It was given to us as a gift for our daughter, but it's not typical, purple dinosaur children's music. It's drums, guitar, great singing, really good music that J and I love, along with the kids.


We have been playing it in the kitchen while we cook and eat dinner for the last 3-4 weeks and all of us are memorizing scripture through it. I don't know about your house, but late in the afternoon/evening is often the hardest time of day around here. No matter what my attitude is, when I start this music, I immediately feel better as I listen to these songs of God's word an and am reminded of his love and promises to me and my family. I dare you to buy them and see if you can stay in a bad mood and if your kids stay grouchy during dinner.


It is called Seeds of .... because they use it as a seed to spread God's word. Each CD case actually comes with 2 of the CD's in it and a dividable case. That way you keep one and pass one on to someone else. I think $12.98 is a bargain for 2 CD's and the benefit of my family being transformed literally before my eyes through it. The only reason I even know about it is by a friend giving me their extra CD. It can be ordered here. There are 4 other albums: Seeds of Faith, praise, power, and encouragement. Go buy one or all of them (which is what I did 2 days ago) and make sure to pass on your extra CD.


As for updates on sweet brother, we don't have much new to share yet. He has done well over the weekend. His pain medicine is controlling his pain very well. He is sleeping a lot and the only time he is upset is when we change the diaper and dressing. It looks like it is making progress to us, but we'll see what our doctor says tomorrow. We are praying for mighty healing from God, as we know only He is able to do, and for a full recovery without scarring or the need for surgery. Thank you for calls, emails, words of encouragement, and especially your prayers. I will try to update tomorrow after our visit.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Praying for you guys. There is nothing worse than when your babies are hurt. Paying for the best.

Pru said...

I came through from Darby's blog. Praying for your whole family and hoping that surgery isn't required and that your sweet boy makes a quick recovery.
Xx

Darby said...

Lindsey, I walked this morning and prayed for you and Grant while I walked! Please be sure to keep us all posted!! xoxo

Sara said...

praying for your family!