Monday, August 10, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have a couple of newly found items that have moved to the top of my list and I thought I would share! One is for me and the other for the bambino.


1. I LOVE coffee, however, J says that I love a little coffee with my creamer, milk, and sugar. He is a straight black coffee drinker and I do get quite a bit of grief from him for how light my coffee is. I am normally a vanilla/french vanilla creamer girl, but it is time for vanilla to move over! We were at the beach with my fam this past week and mom brought Coffee-Mate Italian Sweet Creme creamer. Even J agreed that it is wonderful. It smells like a pastry shop-yum! Thankfully, my mom loves me and sent the bottle home with me!



2. We are swaddlers when it comes to our kids. With Av we used blankets and it worked very well. The same blankets worked OK with G-for a little while. Even our best swaddling blankets are not working well on him since he is the size of the average 3 month old already. He squirms all over the place and kicks out of the swaddling....and then wakes up from his nap. With Av we had tried special pre-formed swaddling blankets and was very unimpressed. I received the miracle blanket as a gift and had my doubts at first, but it is fantastic!! It has a pocket for the feet, inner fabric to wrap around the arms, and 2 outer pieces of fabric to swaddle without velcro or snaps so it fits no matter what size the baby. One of the outer pieces is longer and I am able to wrap it around G twice so he is as snug when he gets up from his nap as he was when he first went to sleep. I don't use the arm wraps, but leave his arms out and start the swaddling under his arms. He fights it if I pin his arms down and sleeps better with them free. There are instructions on it here and you can order one here.


Be back soon with updates from the beach! Oh and very exciting news-G starting sleeping through the night last week!!! More on that later as well!

3 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Yea for babies sleeping through the night!!! MC went from 9:15pm-7am...YAHOO!!!!! It's life changing! Go G!

Darby said...

Hey Lindsey, I love hearing about you and what y'all are up to! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Ebenezar said...

Pretty helpful data, thanks so much for this article.
small breast | best online broker | immigration lawyers in kansas city