Monday, August 17, 2009

Anxious

Tomorrow is the big day to take Av to the hospital for her surgery. I'm quite familiar with the OR, but I'm going to be on the other side this time. We have to be there at 10 am, which surgery will hopefully start by around 11-12. I think one of the most challenging parts is going to be keeping her without food or drink all morning. Av is ready to eat breakfast IMMEDIATELY after she gets up in the morning. We have told her that she can't eat/drink anything until after she sees the doctor and she accepted it well tonight, but we'll see how that goes once the situation is actually here.

I'm trying not to be too nervous. I wanted to sleep with her in my arms tonight, but I knew that it would be better for both of us to get a good night of sleep. I have also have tried to remind myself that I am not in control, no matter how much I think I am, but that God is. She is His more than she is mine and His love for her is beyond mine, even though it's hard to comprehend anyone loving her more than I do.
He loves her more than I do
He loves her more than I do
He loves her more than I do
Please say a prayer for us and if you want to mention it on your blog to get others praying as well I would really appreciate it! Thanks, and I will let you know how everything goes once we are home.

Ephesians 3;17-19
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

mrchrishill said...

I am praying for the family right now and know God will take care of the big and small details. Keep us updated here when you can, but know the days event have been set in stone for some time now.