Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dirt

Mr. called me recently to say that he and sister had a surprise for me. I was on my way home, but was instructed that I could NOT park in the garage. I had to park in the driveway, but go straight into the house, only through the front door and stay in the house! No going in the yard or garage. This was my surprise.
Our peach tree that J planted a couple months ago was blooming.
He and sister had visited Lowe's and spent the afternoon with their hands in the dirt.
I was greeted by fresh herbs in lovely containers on the porch.
And potted plants on the front porch and in hanging baskets in the backyard. He let sister pick out all the flowers and containers and let her decide where to place all of them.
She was SO proud of herself and her work. Definitely a worthwhile afternoon.