Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brain Damage

These are the shoes that I wore to church this morning. Together. At the same time. I would like to say that I was being a sacrificial mom who let her children pick out her clothing. I would also like to say that I realized it quickly, like when we got in the car, but J said we didn't have time for me to run back into the house and change shoes. Alas, neither are the truth.

The truth is I slipped my shoes on (thinking they were both the black shoes on my right foot), grabbed my purse and diaper bag and walked out the door to get in the car. I didn't realize it when I was in the car. I also didn't realize it while I walked through the house to the car, on the way to church, as I carried brother to the nursery, or as I walked into the sanctuary......even though they have a slight difference in heel height. No, I didn't realize until there was about 10 minutes left in the service. I thought, "huh, why do my shoes feel weird? Are my pants caught in the back of my shoes? Why does it feel like I have one backless shoes on and one with a back?" Oh, that would be because I WORE 2 DIFFERENT SHOES church...that are 2 DIFFERENT COLORS!!

This is what it actually looked like at church. Maybe not TOO terribly noticeable. Right? Right?!? Well, if it was noticed, nobody said anything to me. Probably because they were snickering as I walked away :). I'm pretty sure they weren't wondering if I'm on the cutting edge of the newest fashion trend.
Does anyone else out there feel like your IQ has plummeted since you had kids? And does it get worse with each subsequent child? J has a theory that those stinkers somehow suck your brains out when you're nursing. He may be onto something there.

4 comments:

Emily said...

LOL. I know exactly how you feel! Let's get together for that cup of coffee soon!

Darby said...

Lindsey, This is HILARIOUS! Seriously, HILARIOUS! And totally something I would do! I got your email last week and am going to write you back soon! I'm just now catching up! I can't believe how big both the kids are and so precious and I feel you on the bathroom wallpaper and carpet! As you know, we have both too!

Wanting What I Have said...

That is SOOOOOO funny!! Oh my goodness. I would totally do something like that.

Beck said...

YES! Baby brain, sister! And it only endears you to me more!